The archive is giant, is it not? And the commenters all seem to know each other already and we use a secret language.
You can read the FAQ if you want commenting guidance, and check out this great fan-made glossary for terms like “Darth Vader Boyfriend.” In the meantime, here are a few “classic” posts to get you started.
- A Shy Guy Caught My Eye
- How Do I Say The Right Thing At The Right Time To People I’m Interested In?
- Dating Secrets of The Terrifyingly Amazing
- Bad Teeth and Other Dating (Not) Dealbreakers
On friends with inexplicable attachments to terrible people:
On surviving breakups:
- How Do I Deal With A Clingy Friend Who Tries To Take Over My Life?
- Counter-intuitive Friendship Fixing Advice: The Be Nice To Yourself Project
- I Lent An Ear to a Friend, How Do I Get It Back?
- Instructions for Finding Your People and Your Place
On mental health and self-care:
- New Town, Old Blues, and the Case for Therapy
- How To Claw Yourself Out Of A Depressing Living Situation
- Breaking The Low Mood Cycle
- What To Expect When You Call A Hotline/Helpline and Low Cost Mental Health Resources
- The Sandwich Means I Love You
On creeps, jerks, and highly difficult people:
- Marrying into a family with terrible boundaries, or, Secrets of Dealing with Highly Difficult People
- My Friend Group Has A Case of the Creepy Dude, How Do I Clear That Up?
These are the posts that get linked to the most, and that I refer back to the most when writing new posts. Readers, is there something else you think should be here?
Happy reading and welcome.