The email address of the question inbox you seek is at the end of the post. Please read the instructions first!
- The blog wouldn’t exist without you, so, thanks!
- Submitting a question gives me the right to publish it on the site and use it in other media (a Captain Awkward book, for example) in perpetuity.
- We can edit questions for content and length, but usually don’t. If you want to keep the people & situations in your letter anonymous (and you probably do), change the names & details before you submit. Please also try to keep your text under 400 words.
- We’ve been at this a while, so, try searching the archives to see if your question has been answered before.
- Please also familiarize yourself with the site policies.
- I don’t share email addresses, real names, or personal details of Letter Writers with anyone, ever. However, harassment or violent threats will be documented and, if necessary, reported to law enforcement.
- Questions aren’t answered in any particular order or on any schedule. I don’t answer all the questions I receive.
- Re: Point #7: This is not a crisis hotline. If you are in a scary or violent situation, if you’ve been assaulted, if you or someone you know is having suicidal thoughts, please call a trained person who can give you the immediate assistance you deserve. Here are some lists of helplines that others have compiled. I haven’t tested all the links & numbers for accuracy, so please know that you can also type “helpline” + “[nature of your crisis/issue/problem]” + [where you live] into a search engine and come up with results local to you.
Thanks again for reading. The email address for the question box is email@example.com.