Boston Awkward Meetup January 20

From your host, Jane_the_chicken:

Hello Awkwardeers! Are we making this a regular thing? We may be making this a regular thing!
When: Saturday, January 20th, 2018, 1 pm
Where: Diesel Cafe, Diesel Cafe, 257 Elm St, Somerville, MA 02144
The closest T stop is Davis Square, on the red line. The cafe is about a 2-5 minute walk from the station.
Venue: The cafe will be on the left side of the street if you’re coming from Davis. They’ve got sandwiches, a couple salads, breakfast foods, and various drinks. They say on their website that they can try to accommodate food allergies or dietary needs.
We’ll be meeting in the back of the cafe! I will get there early and try to sit at the big wooden table. That being said, because of the layout of the cafe, we may have to spread out among neighboring tables a bit.
How to find us: I will claim a table in the cafe area and set up a paper sign. I will have my knitting, some coloring sheets, and some art supplies.
What to bring: Crayons, more fun coloring sheets, a puzzle, interesting etymological facts about the language of your choice.
If you need more information, you can inquire on the “Boston” thread at FOCA or PM me (Jane_the_chicken.)
Enjoy!
  1. Clodia said:

Next month I will living in Mass and I be able to come to the Boston meetup. Hope y’all all have fun!

2. This is the day of Women’s March 2018. That might affect things.

• Jane said:

Hey! I will not be attending the Women’s March myself, but I will be organizing at least two more meetups in the Boston area in February and March. There’s no particular pressure to make it to this one.

3. Turqoise Dragon said:

I hope it becomes a regular thing! I hope my inability to get to any of them so far does _not_ become a regular thing.

• Saturnalia said:

Heh. You are speaking my very thoughts! 🙂

4. Erin McJ said:

I don’t live in Boston, but the Diesel is delightful. Just to encourage anyone who’s on the fence. 🙂

5. SeemsPlausible said:

Are babies welcome? I’m interesting in coming, but have a tiny human.