Advertisements

Three Events: Chicago & Paris

I’m doing stuff out and about. Join me? Events listed in the order that they’ll happen:

• Saturday, February 25, 2017: I’m teaching a short smartphone video workshop for beginners  at the Second City Training Center in Chicago. Want to shoot & edit video on your phone? Want to make it look and sound better? Still some spots left! $70.
  • Sunday, March 5, 2017: I’m reading at the final That’s All She Wrote show. 8pm, Great Lakes Tattoo, 1148 W. Grand Avenue, Chicago, Illinois. True stories. Free admission.
  • Saturday,
    cafe-le-jardin-du-petit

Image of the cafe’s outdoor space (source: TripAdvisor) They have comfier-looking chairs inside, too.

March 18, 2017: Awkward Meetup in Paris, France. I’ll be at the Cafe Le Jardin Du Petit Palais at 2:00 pm that day, with Mr. Awkward in tow. From what I can tell they have various coffee, tea, and sandwiches in a nice, centrally-located space with free admission. If you know you’ll attend, RSVPs are appreciated so we know to look out for you and how many seats to save.

Advertisements
  1. emmych said:

Paris, France??? AAAAH Captain have a fun (I assume) vacation! You’ve earned it!

Honeymoon-as-wedding-present-from-parents-and-friends. I am ridiculously excited.

• emmych said:

What a wonderful gift! Enjoy it 🙂

• That is SO AMAZING! I hope you and Mr. Awkward have a fabulous time.

2. P.M said:

March 18th is in a loooong time, so planning is fuzzy, but I live in Paris and will do my best to attend 🙂

Great, hope to meet you!

3. B. said:

That’s great news! Have an amazing time at both cities and a lovely trip! 🙂

4. Mag said:

That’s so exciting! I’m so happy you are coming to Paris.
    I’ll be there!

5. Lily said:

dang i may need to zip down to Paris for this!

6. H.Regalis said:

GOING TO FUCKING PARIS!!!!! FUCK YEAH! Congrats 😀

7. delveg said:

If you get a chance, head to a market one morning and buy some bread, meat and cheese (by pointing, if you have to–I did!). It was tasty and amazing to eat later in the day, and made me feel more like a local.

8. fluffybutt said:

I’ll be there on March 18th with my husband ! Prepare to be showered with chocolate shops recommendations. Also, I think this is the first time I comment on a blog in my whole life (<– awkward lurker)

9. L. said:

Long-time lurker as well here; I’ll try to be there on March 18th! It takes a while to travel to Paris, but I was planning a day trip for quite a while now anyways, what a great coincidence. I hope you have a fantastic honeymoon!