Six years ago today I registered the CaptainAwkward.com domain and started posting.
Since then we’ve had:
- 38,992,754 million page views from about 7.3 million visitors
- 129,495 (approved) comments
2012’s #322 & #323 “My friend group has a case of the Creepy Dude. How do we clear that up?” was still the most-read post last year, and sadly “creepers gonna creep” was a theme in many of the other most-read posts:
- #823: Another Day, Another Creepy Dude Who Doesn’t Deserve Friends “You wouldn’t have sex with me, so I’m going to let my dog maul you. Cool?“
- #862: Q: “Does my boyfriend actually love me?” A: “Who knows? He treats you like crap, so time to go!” Hope he enjoys the center of the sun.
- #872: Dating strategies that don’t involve the phrase “breaking the touch barrier.” Bonus: recap of all dating advice for straight men
- #857: “I thought I made it clear that I just wanted to be friends but apparently not.” Bonus” “Leave Your Female Classmates Alone, They Just Want To Study!” rant.
- #842: “I have a much-older boyfriend who has seven kids. Is my situation ok?” Age is just a number, but are you sure you want this guy to be the dad to your future kids
- #825, #826, #827: The Art of Losing Is Actually Pretty Hard To Master Captain Awkward: The Marie Kondo of Breakups has a nice ring to it.
- #830, #832, and #832: Boundaries and the power of “no!”
Your letters and the love and respect you all put into this place have changed my life in so many wonderful ways. Thank you for reading and for making this a home on the internet.
Here’s a video of fireworks: