The Wardrobe: Two Festival Screenings in Chicago

My short film The Wardrobe will be screening in two upcoming festivals.

Chicago International Reel Shorts Festival – my film is in a slate of dramatic shorts playing on Friday, September 16 at 5:45 pm in the Film Row Cinema, 8th Floor, 1104 S Wabash Avenue.

The Praire District Neighborhood Alliance’s New Visions Film Festival, on Thursday, September 29 at 7pm, Sherwood Community Music School Recital Hall, 1312 S. Michigan Avenue.

Come!  Watch short films! Ask awkward questions during Q & A sessions!

What?  You’d like to see a trailer?  Good thing I put one together this week.  If you have a decent internet connection, I highly recommend going to YouTube and increasing the video quality and watching it full screen HD.

1. Travis said:

Ooooo, I’m intrigued! The slightly distorted shot of the excited party closing in on the camera to the eerie music really has me digging on it.

Not the first time I’ve wished I lived in Chicago. Have a great show!

Nothing like a wide-angle lens to bring the weirdness (10mm lens with 35mm film). Same deal with the bridge on the bike shots.

I’ll let you know if the film heads out your way!

• robiewankenobie said:

could the film also head out this way? that would be swell.

2. Kenzie said:

Oops, you probably know this, but your domain has expired (the domain that the trailer directs folks to at the end).

Yes, yes I do. The actual site reboot is my weekend project.

3. This looks like something I’d enjoy – if it winds up being screened anywhere in the Bay Area, I’d love to know about it.

4. Ace said:

If this ever ends up in a London film festival, or online for a reasonable fee to download, let me know. It looks cool.

5. xenu01 said:

Yay for you! This is weird because I don’t know you or anything, but I still felt a thrill when I saw your name on it. Because I feel like I know you, because of the internet! I hope someday I can see the whole thing.

• Copcher said:

Yeah, I also feel excited even though I don’t know you. I think it’s a combination of feeling like I sort of know you because internet, and also being happy that this is a movie that probably won’t be full of essentialist gender stereotypes and other hollywood problems. Any chance it’ll show in Toronto?

Thanks! It’s just starting to pick up some festival traction – Egofest in March was the kickoff, and then the Cannes Short Film Corner – we go where we’re invited and where the festival entry fees are cheap, so I can’t fully predict where it will go.

It is full of gender essentialist stereotypes…like makeovers and how they are creepy.

Eventually I’ll do another pledge drive and make a download the “thank you” gift, or otherwise release it online.

6. Virginia said:

Yes, go see! It is an EXCELLENT film! Creepy and gorgeous.

7. TeaBQ said:

Congrats!!! If I lived anywhere near you, I’d go.

8. piny said:

Congratulations!

9. Nice trailer. My immediate thought was “Bluebeard?”

Wish this was showing in the Bay area.

Bluebeard = got it in one! It is an adaptation of the Bluebeard fairy tale.