- Feminism makes boners sad! We know this because of rats. A hilarious debunking of terrible evo-psych pseudoscience, via Feministe.
- How Not To Make A Short Film by Roberta Munroe, in which she begs you not to make breakup films full of poetry and walking and smoking or have boring casts of all white people and also gives tons of generally smart and useful advice.
- This Allie Brosh story about Wolves from Hyperbole and a Half
- Miss de Bourgh in Bath. Yes, I just linked you to Pride & Prejudice fanfic. It’s really, really good.
- Mildred Pierce. I love a Depression-era women’s picture, and this one is getting a beautiful reworking and letting a bunch of amazing actresses just go to town.
- The Killing. Smart protagonist, smart writing, beautifully shot, great use of rainy Seattle, and a very real portrait of how a crime tears apart a family and a community.
- Pork and beautiful fresh eggs from C & D Family Farms. Do you live in Chicago? Do you like humanely-farmed delicious meat? Perhaps the magical white van comes to a parking lot (and soon, a Farmer’s Market) near you.
- Sprawl of Glass (Arcade Fire’s The Sprawl + Heart of Glass = Awesome)
Over The Moon About: